As the light at the end of the tunnel got a bit brighter, I sat down to complete Abby's fun Christmas Conversation. And, now that I have actually reached that amazing "light," I can put the finishing touches on it!! Hehehehe :) Here's a little bit about me and my Christmas Traditions.
Here's a little more insight on a few of those statements. Not that you really wanted to know, but y'all know how I just love to talk ;)
The Night After Christmas absolutely slays me every year. Have you read it? I have to dig deep so I don't burst into tears at the end of the touching tale. What can I say . . . it's a very special book.
I absolutely HATE seafood, but I eat clam dip and tuna fish sandwiches. Crazy. I know. This dip is the real deal and it just screams home to me :)
Frosty makes me want to claw my eyes out -- especially the Beach Boys version. I don't mean to be a hater, but this song bothers me for some reason. On a happier note, I have been listening to Christmas music non-stop since Thanksgiving. The oldies and a few random selections have been on rotate for days. Here is my current line up . . . just in case you were missing a few of these and want to spice your holiday collection up this year :)
- Perry Como (my current fave)
- Dean Martin (Marshmallow World is epic)
- Christmas with the Rat Pack (Dean, Frank, and Sammy all in one)
- Carpenters (uh . . . amazing)
- Dolly Parton (Hard Candy Christmas is the best)
- Perfect Gift (I cry every time it comes on . . . Thanks, Natalie Hemby)
- Andy Williams (I actually saw him in concert when I was little)
- A Very She & Him Christmas (it's the Zooey gal from Elf)
- Portland Cello Project (these instrumentals are magical)
- A few out of the box finds . . . if you like Alternative music, here is a list for you!!! I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day (Echosmith), Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Cat Power), Christmas Without You (One Republic), Sleigh Ride (Lost Straitjackets), What Are You Doing New Year's Eve (Rufus Wainwright), and Auld Lang Syne (Mairi Campbeell & Dave Francis).
|Yup, I'm listening right now!!!|
There is just something about Christmas tunes . . . sigh.
Do you help your parents shop for each other? I help my dad in person every year. We go on a shopping trip for mom. However, I end up helping mom out as well. We brainstorm ideas in the back bedroom . . . out of earshot ;)
Christmas Eve is extra special in our house. After a big dinner, we open presents from each other. It's just my mom, dad, husband, and the fur babies. We are a small little family, but we always have the best time.
Alright, I'll be quiet now. You get me talkin' about the holidays and I just can't seem to stop myself. Thanks for hosting, Ms. Inspired Apple. It was a good time for sure. On that note, the sweetie and I are off to San Francisco for a little romantic holiday cheer . . . love the city lights at Christmas time :) Enjoy the start of vacay. Heaven knows you have earned some serious R&R! Merry Merry, my friends :)